Wednesday 18 May 2016

Travelling with Dachshunds - Whats In My Bag, DogFest Edition!

This is the first in a series of travel and DogFest related blog posts, as you'll know if you follow us on twitter, I travel with the dogs quite frequently as living on the Isle of Wight every day out/dog show involves quite a journey!
In this post, as the title hints is what I carry in my bag while travelling with the dogs. (As Lily is the only dog going to DogFest with me I've not included any grooming supplies which I usually have if Sev's with me!)

The Bag: The Cath Kidston Button Spot Busy Bag
As a self confessed bag addict, this is one of many specially bought "dog bags"! But this is the most recent and definitely the best! This bag may look small but is perfect for carrying all the essentials! The bag is made from wipe clean oil cloth, has various pockets both inside and outside and a long strap which doesn't inter fear with lead holding! :)
It retails at £65 and also come in Red Polka dot and 2 floral prints.




Inside the bag:
I always have a slip lead lurking about just incase, the one in there at the moment is a plain black rope one by Ancol which admittedly isn't very exciting! But it does the job!
I bought these wipes to go in Isla's christmas stocking (Yes, I am that person!) But they are perfect for popping in my bag incase, the wipes have a really nice clean scent and are much larger than the usual dog wipe, you get 5 in a pack and are perfect for travelling. I've not tried any thing else from Hownd but I really do like these wipes!
I've given up carrying one of those water bottle/bowl combo things because every single one i've tried has leaked! (if however you know of a good one, please let me know!) Instead I carry a collapsable bowl and bottle of water! This one came in a PetsPyjamas box a while back, perfect size and I have a few of them, one lives in my show crate!

Treats and Snack Bars
Firstly are the fabulous Field Trip Bones by our friends over at Guru Petfood, these are brilliant! When travelling with the dogs I tend not to feed them before we leave, so this is brilliant as they not only are a meal replacement but provide amusement on long journeys! They retail at £1.99 for two.
Next up is the first of two Lily's Kitchen products, the Red Berry Boost snack bar, you get two snack bars per pack. Our dogs love all three flavours of these, are easily broken up to either feed as a small treat or how I like to feed them; half of a bar as a lunch time treat - these also retail at £1.99
The little treats that I carry with me are the M'Hearties fishy treats, these tiny heart shaped treats come in a gorgeous tiny box making them perfect to pop into my bag, these are my current bribe of choice when photographing the dachshunds! These are slightly more pricey at £5.95
Dorwest Herbs Valerian Compound - £10.20
These drops are an absolute godsend! Lily has always been nervous but these drops help her to relax when travelling and meeting new people. They are organic and natural and really do work! 
And everything else! I always carry patterned poo bags, these are from a variety of places including Beco and Pets at Home.
Hand sanitiser from BodyShop, an essential when out and about with the dogs! This is a gorgeous summery satsuma scent.
And finally. Lily's toy of choice, a small squeaky bear from Kong! 

Thank you for reading and I hope you found this interesting! 
(If anyone would like a product featured on the blog, please either contact us via Twitter @Fachsund or via email fachshund@hotmail.com)
Jaime & the dachshunds xo






0 comments:

Post a Comment