Wednesday 7 February 2018

Big Decisions and Life Changes.

Hello everyone! I'm sorry for the lack of blog posts, but this time I have an actual excuse for my absence!

The last few months have been a bit of a whirlwind here at Fachshund HQ, i've never been one for spontaneity but when an exciting opportunity was offered to me last Friday I grabbed it with both hands.
For those of you that don't know, I still live at home on the Isle of Wight with Sev & Lily and the three other family dogs and I work for the family business, recently I've been spending a lot of time in Southampton visiting my other half who moved over a little while ago to start a new job. I went over on Thursday as we where headed up to Stoke for a friends engagement party, on Friday I was handed a job application and encouraged to go for it, I was interviewed on Monday and accepted the job on Tuesday.




This means that I will be moving out, which leads me onto the question I know you will all want answering, "are you taking the dogs?!".
This decision was harder to make than moving away from my family and leaving the tiny island i've grown up on; Lily is very much a part of the family and despite being mine on paper is most definitely a family dog. She adores my parents and spends her time curled up with Isla and Daisy. Lily has always suffered with her health and anxiety issues; it just wouldn't be fair on Lily to separate her from the family and a life that she loves after everything she's been through.
Sev is a completely different dog to Lily, and is very independent, he loves playing, going on long walks, being in the car and going to events - Lily however does not; she's always hated the car and never enjoys going for walks, more so after her second back operation.
As much as it breaks my heart not to take Lily with us, I have to do what is best for her. And what is best is her staying at home with Daisy, Isla and Ava in a home she loves, with her normal routine and my family who all love her to bits.




I am so excited for the future, and am especially excited for all the opportunities it brings both for us and for the blog.


Thank you for reading,
Jaime Lily & Sev xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment